This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, September 21, 2003

 
Biological Thoughts

Yesterday I returned to Slate Creek Valley where I lived one summer over 25 years ago. On one hand little seemed to have changed on a hot dry day. There were many more campers nearby but I only saw a single fisherman in the valley. It was dusty but the plants were mostly still green or dry, only the willows were turning yellow. Even the Chipmunks were out and active as was considerable bird life. I had to remind myself that it was late September and wonder if this is what the effect of global warming will look Like here. I couldn't decide if I wanted to be around to find out for sure but it does seem that we need to be doing move assessment and monitoring to better understand what is coming and perhaps how to prepare for it. I plan on giving this more thought and start with those little Chipmunks I studied so long ago.

Dale
/lots of things to think about now
Comments: Post a Comment