This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

 

No, I didn't see any newtons at MacWorld this year. I didn't look real hard either and suspect there were still a few lurking. Mine stayed home once again. My trusty iBook is long in the tooth but does the job that I have for it and does travel well.

iPhone goodies where everywhere and the amount and diversity of apps provided for it now is impressive. If I owned one of those little toys instead of the blackberry I have to lug around, I'd know a lot more about that. I still think I'd replace my trusty ipod video with a Touch if I had to. It could happen one of these days...

I may not have seen any newtons but they got some billing at the ModBook demo put on by none other that Woz and the chief exec for the company rolling out upgraded tablet computers. They brought back found memories of the development and implementation of the newton and said it had a role in the improved handwriting detection ability of their new units. I got to test the ModBook and would have to say that it much more powerful although perhaps not as elegant as my newton was.

I checked in via iChat with mighty newton developer Adam Tow who was at part of MW but hadn't had a chance to check out the new ModBook, wondering if it's scripting ability was adequate.

Oh well. That's all for now.

Dt
out for now/
Comments: Post a Comment